Sunday 30 July 2017

Happy Birthday and Wedding Anniversary Husband!

Today's post will be a little different. Today marks my husband's 29th birthday and our 2nd wedding anniversary. It also marks the date (give or take a week or so) that Bean would have been turning one. And if all had gone well with Passenger I would have been packing up my work things ready to nest down to await her arrival next month. 

How different things are in reality. 

I think a lot about what ifs and what I'd be doing right now, what would Bean have looked like. Was he actually a boy? We never found out. The same questions arise with Passenger, I should be so fat and waddling around right now.

Instead things are different but one thing remains the same. Rob and I are stronger than ever before. We have been through such grief but we still laugh at the stupid things. Yesterday I surprised him with a go karting day with some of his friends from home and work. Unfortunately I was unable to participate but it was great watching them all whizz round the track and once they were all done the smiles on everyone's faces as they took their helmets off was fantastic to see. Rob is VERY competitive with his two best mates and came second to one of them (ouch!) but it was still a great day and Rob did get the fastest lap (he'd be very upset if I didn't mention that in the post!). 

Afterwards everyone piled into their cars and came to ours for drinks and pizza and it was a brilliant night. No one realised I wasn't drinking (I don't think) so no awkward questions. By the end of the night the mates from his old school were watching stupid videos on YouTube that they had made of each other around 12 years ago, I haven't laughed so much in so long.

This morning I woke up with a huge headache and it's been plaguing me all day, how come I have this to deal with this with zero alcohol and he was staggering around and he gets up fresh as a daisy this morning?! Not fair. 

We've had the whole of this week off work and been doing stuff on the house again, we have completely finished the garden and made some real positive steps to really transforming our place. We've signed up for new windows and had a quote to replace our plumbing and boiler. It's taken me a long time to feel at home in this new town after everything that's happened since we moved here but now I really feel it's starting to become our own.

So even though our reality is different to what I thought it would or should be I wouldn't change who was beside me through the whole rollercoaster for anything. We have another chance to bring a baby into this world and are waiting patiently for our scan appointment to come around. I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and I just hope so hard that we can bring this little one home. I can't wait to get a bump, I didn't get that far with our angels. 

And Rob, just like your moonpig card said - I love you even more than Catfish and House of Cards. And I mean that. You know how much I love those shows 😉

You are my rock, and wherever you are, I'm right there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment